There are quite a few anonymous(es) reading this journal because of my beauty entries especially bout my reviews on BB creams. For this reason, this journal has been partially locked. Add me and leave me a comment if you wish to be in my friends' list. And if for whatever reason you may have, you would like to borrow or copy any published post / picture(s) and/or format of my reviews / post, etc, have the decency to seek my permission or give me the credit at the very least! You know who you are and i do not wish to mention name(s).
*you have forgotten a term learnt in school. Plagiarism.
All products reviews in its entirety, including but not limited to the following, found in this journal are based purely and wholly on my personal opinion and experience from product usage. I shall not be held responsible should you encounter any negative experience (as defined below) from the purchase and usage of the products which are reviewed in this journal.
Products are classified as: 1. Beauty & Skincare 2. Health Supplements
Negative experiences are defined as: 1. Skin breakout from product usage 2. Abnormal skin reaction from product usage
No excuses for my absence in here again except that work and personal life has made me take a back seat in writing but trust me, I have not given up on writing! I am still micro-blogging on Twitter and Instagram and I update almost every day there so catch me on Twitter and Instagram under the user name of KimokoMasada.
Back to the main topic! Though I have been away but I have not given up hauling!
Have not posted the products that I have completed in the past 2 and a half months and the bag that I used to accumulate the products is overflowing that I have to get this post up so that I can toss the empties away.
From the top most row at the background, left to right:
1) Vichy NormaDerm Imperfection Prone Skin Lotion - To date, Vichy Normaderm is my favourite skin care for my oily acne prone skin. This toner is the upgraded formula that comes with 0% alcohol, perfect for sensitive skin.
2) Kracie Fuwarie Prostyle Hair Styling Mist x 3 bottles - This is a heat protection spray that is unfortunately has been discontinued distribution in Singapore. I love how it makes my hair sleek, smooth and straight while protecting from the heat of my hair dryer and straightening iron.
3) Charles Worthington Heat Defense Spray - This is yet another discontinued product which I love and have completed several bottles. This was the final bottle which I bought from someone online.
4) SuperDrug Coconut & Sweet Almond Shampoo - Selected SuperDrug products are available in Watsons in Singapore but I think this shampoo is no longer available. I had this in my shower for the longest time and decided to complete it. Did not quite like this shampoo for dry hair though. It makes my hair really rough. But it smells really yummy!
5) Pure Beauty Treatment Hair Mask with Camellia Seed Oil - Got this hair treatment from Watsons as a freebie from a sale earlier this year. This isn't the best hair treatment I have tried but works pretty well I suppose. Will not repurchase this.
6) Kao Essentials Rich Premier Ultra Honey & Shea Butter Hair Mask - My favourite Hair Mask to date! This is really affordable and works extremely well! This is probably my 3rd tub after being sponsored 1 tub last year by the company. A definite MUST repurchase!
7) Olay 2-in-1 Daiy Facial Cloths for Oily Skin - My favourite makeup remover when I am traveling! I have been giving quite a few of these water activating cloths to quite alot of my friends and everyone who tried it, LOVES it! I have another 2 boxes in my stash and will continue to repurchase them!
8) Venus Spa Hand & Nail Treatment Marrakech Rose - Was sent this by the company a while ago and recently found it in my stash. Love the rose scent! It is 1 of the best rose scented hand lotion I have tried. Works pretty well but it cannot replace my HG hand lotion which is the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment.
9) Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment - My FAVOURITE, my HG hand lotion. I have a couple of these handy tubes for my handbag and in the office. Completed so many tubes of this and I am still loving how heavy duty it is.
10) NuTeen Acne & Pimples Away Sleeping Mask - This is yet another HG sleeping mask for me. I have completed a few tubs of this and have 2 tubs in my stash for backups.
11) K-Palette Oil Control Teka Mat Powder - This purse friendly oil control powder though is a little pricey but is very handy for touch ups when you're out and about. I regret not buying more backups during the Japalang Warehouse sale a couple of months ago when it was going for only S$10! I have another piece in my stash which is my last.
12) Eucerin DermoPurifyer Hydrating Care - Was sent this last year by the company for a review. It is a cheaper alternative to the Vichy Normaderm which I still very much prefer.
13) Etude House AC Clinic Acne Foam Cleanser - My favourite acne fighting cleanser! This is my 3rd tube that I have completed and have another tube in my stash!
14) BioDerma Sensibio H2O Solution for Sensitive Skin - 1 of the best water base makeup remover that I have tried after my favourite Mandom Cleansing Express. It is a little pricey but works very very well!
15) BioDerma Sebum H2O Solution for Oily Skin - This is the formula for oily skin which I absolutely love too!
16) The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover - This was either part of a birthday pressie or from a love package that I found in my stash recently. Was kinda disappointed when this gentle eye make-up remover stinged my eye area like crazy. Oh well, I still managed to complete the bottle instead of tossing it out.
17) Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Make-Up Remover - This was sent to me by Pris whom found it a little too light for her liking. I can totally understand why. This is the lighter version of their Cleansing Oil which is really heavy duty. This works pretty well if you do not wear heavy / water proof makeup without drying your skin. I do like Hada Labo products in general and should this go on sale, it is worth getting another bottle.
18) Nivea Creme - This was sent by the lovely Carrie in her last huge package of love. I recently suffered from mild eczema and most of the moisturizers I was using did not help and I remembered she gave me this tub in the last packge and started using it. It is really thick and rich that it helped my condition! Thank you babe! I would have never thought of trying this (this is widely available here in Singapore!) if you have not given it to me.
19) Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Intense Moisture Body Butter - This was also sent by Carrie a while ago and I really needed an intensive body moisturizer / butter for my eczema that I took it out and absolutely love it! This scent makes me feel like I have just walked out of a bakery! Love love it!
20) Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - This shine control pressed powder works pretty well if I have not tried my HG Maybelline Dream Matte powder which is irreplaceable.
21) Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Intensive Moisturiing Hand Treatment - Completed this tiny tube that was in my bag for the longest time. Love love LOVE this HG hand treatment and will continue to use it!
22) Biotherm Hydra-Detox Yeux - This works really well for puffy eyes but not to fight dark circles. I have completed 1 bottle of this quite a while ago when I was a huge Biotherm fan years ago.
23) The Body Bakery Lip Butter in Mango Sherbet - TBB lip butters are really moisturizing and have tons of flavours! This is the 2nd tube of lip butter that I have completed. Not till I can chalk up a huge purchase or gather orders with my friends, I probably will not repurchase anytime soon as it requires international shipping.
24) Metholatum Acnes Medicated Sealing Jell - I use this as an mattifyer before using a makeup base / primer and it works extremely well! It does not work as a spot treatment for me though.
25) The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom EDT - My gf gave this to me after she got pregnant and got a little sensitive to scents. I have completed one bottle of this before and did not quite like how it is not as long lasting as other EDTs. I use it as a weekend scent since it is pretty light.
26) It's Skin Power 10 YE Effector - I recently discovered this serum which makes my skin really hydrated, soft and smooth! This is the 2nd or 3rd best selling effector and I can totally comprehen why! I have bought lots of the sample sachets and will be using as a refill pack that I can decant into this completed bottle.
27) Haba Labo Arbutin Whitening Essence - lunafacegave this to me to try and it was down to at least 2 week's usage. This is her favourite whitening essence and I can totally understand why. I could notice the whitening effect and it was getting a little too obvious for me that I was glad I completed it. I am not into whitening products so I will not purchase this. If you are into whitening products, you HAVE to try this.
28) Mandom Beauty Barrier Repair Repair Concentrate Serum - This hydrating serum is not available in Singapore and the nearest place you can get it from is Johor Bahru. lunafacegave this to me to try too and I absolutely love it! Doing a search online saw lotsa raves but it is not available in Singapore. I enquired with the distributor in Singapore and was told that Singapore will not be bringing this range in. BOO!
29) L'Oreal Youth Code Pre-Essence - Not something new that this is 1 of my favourite skin care product. I have completed several bottles of this and have another 2 in my stash. It is a watered down version of the Lancome Genefique which I absolutely love!
30) Differin Gel - My HG night mosturizer for my acne prone skin which can only be dispensed by a certified derm. I have been using it for years and will not stop using this.
31) Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Oily Skin in 180 Sand Beige - When I first bought this, it was a little too light for my skin tone and was using it to even out the shade of darker foundations but in recent months I have gotten a shade fairer and this fits perfectly fine. In my previous post, you have seen that I have bought another bottle of this foundation which is to date my favourite drugstore foundation.
32) Elizabeth Arden Ceramde Lash Extending Mascara - My favourite lengthening mascara! I have tons of this in my stash and I often toss them out instead of keeping it for this post because the tube is really tiny but most of you would have known that this is my favourite mascara for my stubby short asian lashes.
33) L'Oreal Linear Intense Felt Tip Eyeliner - 1 of the best drugstore felt tip marker like eyeliners! For those who like liquid eyeliners but cannot get the hang of how to get a clean precise line, you should try the linear intense felt tip eyeliner! It is pretty fool-proof in my opinion.
I somehow feel that for 2 and a half months, I have not completed alot of products. What do you think?
My last collective haul was back in mid July and since then I have not posted any hauls and since the new stuffies are accumulating in my little 'collective haul' corner, I finally decided to post this up so that I can keep them away instead of cluttering that 'little corner'.
It is not a whole load of stuffies for 2 and a half months is it? Well, these are just for beauty related stuff of course. If I add the non-beauty related stuff, it sure is a whole load of stuff.
Lots have happened during my absence on my LiveJournal...
Among everything else, the most important and memorable event was the arrival of mmanic_milo 's first born at the break of dawn on 26th July 2012!
Bestie was in labour for the longest time for the arrival of Baby Ryan. She was admitted to the hospital on 25th July at 9am where she started the induction of her first bundle of joy. 20 hours later, Baby Ryan arrived weighing 3.010kg and at 47cm long.
The arrival of Baby Ryan has not only changed the lives of bestie and her husband but for me too!
Back in school, both of us promised to be each other's Maid-of-Honor and also the God-Mother to our kids and I have fulfilled both to date! I am not denying the fact that the arrival of this little man has brought out the motherly instinct in me too.
I have never dared to carry a new born since they are so fragile but the moment I saw this little fella, I can't seem to put him down whenever he is in my arms. I love cuddling him in my arms and just by looking at him sleep, I'll feel the blissfulness.
Don't the pictures above make me look like the mother of the new born? A proud mother I must say! Those pictures were taken on the 3rd day of his arrival into our beautiful world and it was my first Nanny experience when he was left in my care while his parents went to settle the discharge procedures. I was carrying him for a good hour or so and I must say that the moment was priceless!
We have close gfs who have little kiddos too and no matter how much I adore children, the love I am feeling for Baby Ryan is absolutely over-whelming and indescribable. And it can be felt by those around me! My family, my relatives and even my colleagues can feel this over-powering love for this little one!
Look at this little sweetie pie! Isn't he a darling? Well, to me at least! Being less than a week old in the above pictures, he managed to steal my heart and hid it where the sun don't shine! Sneaky litte thing!
I can't get enough of this little fella I tell you! I am absolutely mesmerized and obsessed with him!
I can't visit him everyday though I really wish I could because bestie lives with her in-laws so I am constantly getting updates from her via pictures. As the saying goes, a picture speaks a thousand words.... To me, these pictures speaks a gazillion words!
The last I saw him was on the day he was discharged where I drove them home. After which, it was a good 4 days later that I simply could not resist and drove all the way to her in-law's place after work just to cuddle him in my arms!
Look at all the expressions he made while in my arms! Tell me, how can I resist this little man! I am totally captivated by him!
Priceless moments of him in my arms. The picture on the top left hand corner caught me grinning like a jack-ass only because I cannot believe I have this little fella in my arms. I refused to let him down till it was feeding time and had to be 'robbed' by his grandmother to bottle feed him.
Though it was just yesterday evening that I last saw and cuddle him but I cannot wait to have him in my arms again! I swear this little man has gotten me all gaga over him that I cannot get enough of him! Why oh Why oh Why!
Oh, today marks the first week of his arrival into our beautiful world, into bff and her husband's lives and also into mine too! It has been a week and as each day passes, I am getting more obsessed with this life which used to be in bff's womb...
You have no idea how much I love you Baby Ryan. You never fail to mesmerize me each time I see you. Cuddling you in my arms feeling like my very own flesh and blood is the most surreal experience and I really want to treasure these magical moments as you grow up to a be a fine gentleman. Grow up strong my precious. Grow up well and healthily too my little man...
I will write about how this little life was discovered and how I was the first to know about the pregnancy (even before her husband and family found out) in another entry....
Mentholatum has just launched a new range of lip balms made from Beeswax among the other 100% Natural ingredients that is said to moisturize and soften your lips. Don't they sound like a foreign brand of lip moisturizer that is made of the same ingredient?
Well, I was sent these 2 items which is totally up my alley as I cannot live without a lip moisturizer for my dry chapped lips!
I was about to give myself a pat on the back for not hauling in May and June so that I will not have a collective haul entry for May & June 2012 BUT I somehow still managed to haul just 2 weeks before the end of June and from 2 Warehouse Sales that I went last weekend.
There was a Kanebo Sale from 11-13 June at their office at Raffles Place that carries brands like Lunasol, Impress, Coffret D'or, and Kate. I am not a huge fan of the brand and I was kinda over Kate but a dear friend, Elaine or who goes by Elainnio on Twitter and Instagram whom I have gotten to know recently offered to CP for me since she was working nearby and was going to the sale anyway.
Elaine and myself started 'chatting' on Twitter and Instagram when I found out she is 1 of the many silent readers I have on this journal. We obviously have a common interest - Beauty, which subsequently got us Whatsapp-ing each other since the day she became my personal shopper at the Kanebo sale!
Friendships online are just so amazing I tell you. Gone are the days of mIRC, ICQ, random chatrooms and even MSN. Social Media has truly changed the way we make new friends! I have met so many lovely people through my journal, twitter and even instagram today!
Well, long story short. Elaine helped CP a couple of stuff from the Kanebo Sale including an Illamasqua order that she has tempted me to try the blushes. There was one palette that I wanted from Lunasol which was not on sale but she said she has it and do not use it now so she offered to pass it onto me as a swap. THAT sparked the idea of us doing a swap and since I found out she lives pretty near me, I decided to drive over to pass her some goodies and to collect my CP babies. It took me quite some time to have finally met her yesterday because I was rather ill a couple of weeks ago and subseqently work got me tied up again. But I am glad to have met her!