Sun, Jul. 8th, 2012, 12:57 pm Products completed in May & June 2012
Did half of 2012 just zoom past? Like, we're already in July! Before we know it, we'll be bidding 2012 goodbye. Time has passed so quickly that it is so scary!
Anyway, yet another 2 months have past and I completed 23 products in the past 2 months! AMAZING huh? Let's get down to the products and the super quick review.
From Top, Left to Right:
1) Nature Republic Snail Therapy 70 Cream - I did not complete this huge ass tub by myself. lunaface passed me the tub with she was almost done with it and I managed to use it for about 2 odd weeks. I have always been intrigued by Snail Cream and I have gotten lotsa requests for a review but I simply could not convince myself to get a cream made of snail mucus till she said she will let me try this. Honestly, I can't stand the smell of this snail cream. I gag at almost every application. It smells just weird. She said it was a matter of time getting used to it but after 2 weeks, I still gag at the smell. BUT I did notice a difference in my skin though. My skin seems a little repaired. Skin texture improved and overall, I really did like the effect but can't seem to get over the weird funky scent. I am still trying to search for another snail cream that does not smell that funky. Any recommendations?
2) Fuwarie ProStyle Hair Styling Mist - 1 of my favourite 2 Hair Styling Mist that protects my hair from my heat tools which unfortunately have been removed off the shelves of Watsons due to a change of Distributor in Singapore. For those who have been asking about what happened to the brand and Ichikami, the Distributor in Singapore has been changed and they are in the midst of remarketing the brand in Watsons. I am currently surviving on my backups which is running really low. BUT good news is that I heard the remaining stocks of this Fuwarie ProStyle Hair Styling Mist from the previous Distributor are available at BHG islandwide. I think the price is at S$12.90 each but I have yet to make a trip down to take a look. Let me know should you spot them at BHG!
3) Ichikami Care & Style Hair Styling Water - 1 of my favourite 2 Hair Styling heat protectant too which has been removed off the shelves in Watsons due to a change of Distributor in Singapore. This unforunately, can't be found in Singapore at the moment. We will just have to wait for the new Distributor to remarket this brand in Watsons real soon! Oh, but if you are a fan of the Shampoo & Conditioner of this brand, you can find them at Venus Beauty. Google on the outlets in Singapore. I saw the shampoo & conditioner in Venus Beauty's Ang Mo Kio Central branch. I think the huge pump bottle was retailing for about S$14.90 or thereabout.
4) Ichikami Hair Treatment - I use this in between washes as a quick deep conditioning treatment in the shower. Perfect for those who do not have time for weekly hair masks/treatment. All I do is to massage this treatment into my hair, concentrating on the ends and leave it on while I shower my body, brush my teeth, wash my face which will probably take 5-8 minutues before rinsing the treatment off to give me really soft conditioned hair without having to do a half an hour or 45 minutes hair treatment. Unfortunately, this brand has been pulled off the shelves at the moment. A good alternative is the Kao Essential Damage Care that comes in the Pink or Orange tube. It is a good inshower hair treatment that I really like too.
5) Lemongrass House Rose Absolute Shampoo - This was sent to me by the company last year and I have been using it sparingly as I really like the shampoo! I love the scent which leaves my hair smelling like roses the entire day! It does a really good job in deep cleansing for me. I am still delibrating if I should get mysef another bottle. I love how their products are so natural!
6) Philosophy Fresh Baked Apple Pie Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath - I use this as a shower gel most of the time and there was once I tried using it as a shampoo just to give it a try since it is a 3-in-1 product. I was in the office and started to smell baked goods. I am the only one in the office that brings baked goods to the office for my colleagues and I thought my sister has accidentally placed a box of baked goods in my bag without my knowledge but there wasn't any. I was sniffing around while working till I realized it was my hair that was emitting this baked goods scent! LOL. The smell of cinnamon was really strong and it really smells like apple pie! This is the 3rd bottle that I have completed and I still have 6 bottles to go! I love their 3 for $33 deals on their website! So affordable especially now that Philosophy is available in Singapore which is slightly overpriced and not all scents are available. I am currently using the Double Chocolate Chip scent and I swear I feel like licking myself after each shower! *not in a sexual way FYI.
7) Vichy NormaDerm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care - 1 of my most favourite facial moisturizer for my acne-prone oily skin to date. It works amazingly on my kinda skin and I have completed quite a few bottles to date and will continue to repurchase!
8) Milk_Shake Glistening Argan Oil with Organic Argan Oil - This is an Argan Oil Treatment for the hair that my colleague passed to me quite a while back. Her husband who is sensitive to scents did not like her using this and instead of tossing this small glass bottle that costs S$50+ from her salon, she passed it to me who really loves it! I have this on my desk in the office and every morning when I get into the office, I will pour a pea size amount and start working on my hair concentrating on the ends which amazing makes my hair so soft! A little goes a long way and even now that I am trying out Moroccon Oil, I actually prefer this Argan Oil. I am trying to justify getting a bottle for myself for S$50+ though I really really like this product!
9) Vichy NormaDerm Deep Cleansing Gel - My 2nd favourite facial cleanser to combat breakouts. My favourite acne cleanser is the Etude House AC Clinic Cleanser and this Vichy is my 2nd favourite. It does its job really well! Before I went crazy trying all sorts of skincare which has ended up with a 6 drawers cabinet full of skincare, I was a huge Vichy fan! I will still continue to repurchase this cleanser and the hydrating care till I am done with adult acne.
10) Baviphat Paprika Trouble Out Cleansing Foam - I received this small tube as a GWP from a purchase in Kuala Lumpur quite a while ago from a really sweet Beauty Advisor in Sungei Wang's Parkson counter. This cleanser works pretty well as a travelling companion for its size. I like taking acne fighting cleanser when I am travelling to help combat any breakouts due to a change of climate and so far this Baviphat Paprika Trouble Out Cleansing Foam works pretty well. I have not been able to find the retail size though. Anyone knows if this is just for trial and does not come in a retail size?
11) Sally Hansen Extra Strength Polish Remover - My favourite nail polish remover that works really well! You need just a little product to remove polishes. I do buy cheaper polish removers from time to time but always go back to Sally Hansen and will always repurchase Sally Hansen.
12) Kracie Naive Cleansing Oil - This was sent to me by the company last year which I am not a huge fan of it. It does work well but leaves a oily residue on the face. It is very heavy duty like other cleansing oil but I can't seem to get over the oily film on my face after removing my makeup. It is a good makeup remover though. It might be because I am used to water based makeup removers that I can't seem to appreciate this cleansing oil.
13) Neutrogena Deep Clean Makeup Cleansing Water - I bought this last year when it was first launched and quite like it initially. It removes my makeup well and it is water based which I really like but till I tried Bioderma, this Neutrogena fell off the charts. If you like water based makeup remover and don't want to splurge on Bioderma, try this. Oh, this is scented though. It smells like sweet grapes to me which is quite lovely but if you are sensitive to scents, try 1 of my favourite water based makeup remover, the Bifest Makeup Remover (used to be known as Mandom Cleansing Express).
14) Fancl Mild Cleasing Oil - This bottle was a sponsorship by the company which I quite enjoy using it. It is a cleansing oil without the oily residue. I would repurchase only for their Limited Edition bottles though. They have the loveliest bottle during festive seasons!
15) Kenzoki Bamboo Leaf Chilly Foaming Cleanser - This was given to me by lunaface which wanted me to try this cleanser. She used it down to about 1/3 of the bottle before passing it over to me. I love love love the scent! It reminds me of my favourite perfume, Lancome Miracle though not entirely and that is just about what I like it for. It is a normal cleanser for me which did not quite do anything for me. For S$40, I did not think it is worth the price. I wonder if this scent is available in a shower gel instead though. I would really love to get it!
16) 12Plus Vitamin B3 Double Fast Dry Deodorant - My favourite deodorant that is only available in Thailand. This is my last bottle in my stash after giving a bottle to lunaface and another bottle to midnight_plue to try because we are heading up to Bangkok in August! We will be there from the 17-20 August and I told the girls that I am so gonna sweep off the entire shelf of these 12Plus Deodorants when we are there. I gave them a bottle each to try in hope they will like it as much as I do so that I will not look silly sweeping the entire shelf clean of the deodorants. LOL
17) B&C Laboratories (used to be known as CP Sony) Pear Hand Cream - A really bulky packaging but lovely sweet scent of pears, this hand cream was a gift from a friend quite some time ago. I still have the Apple lip balm from the same range though. They used to be available in Watsons but have since been discontinued.
18) Differin Gel - My HG night cream for my acne prone skin which you have proabably seen it in several posts of products that I have completed. I have been using it for years and will continue to use it. This is a acne treatment gel that can't be bought off the shelves in Singapore. I get my supply from my derm.
19) Too Faced Lock-Down Ultimate Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow in Bondage - My favourite cream shadow that I use as a primer as it is infused with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance which is my favourite eyeshadow primer. Works amazingly well! I used this every single day since the day I bought it from AllCosmeticsWholesale.com till I completed it. The packaging is so beaten up with all the printing smeared off with my daily usage. I have another tube in my stash which is my last. It is no longer available on th website! I should have bought a couple more backups!
20) Mentholatum Deep Moist Menthol Lip Balm - This was sent to me by the company early last year and I really enjoy using this. Love the cool menthol upon application and it really keeps my lips hydrated. I have another tube which is the non-menthol version in my stash. I can't live without lip balms with my super dry lips.
21) Sasa Creamy Soft Miracle Makeup Base - This was 1 of the very afforable makeup base that you can find in Singapore. I think it costs less than S$7? It smells like cucumbers which is very pleasant and does it job pretty well for its price. Only factor that it lacks is oil control. I have to use it with a good oil control foundation / bb cream for this product to work. If you are just starting out on makeup base / primers, this is pretty affordable.
22) Elizabeth Arden Revealed EDT - I realized I have way too many travel size fragraces especially Elizabeth Arden which is given to me by my auntie and started using them recently. Didn't quite like this scent though. It is a little too spicey for my liking. I prefer floral scents.
23) CoverGirl Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder in 525 Buff Beige - Bought this from Drugstore quite a while ago and realized I had hit pan and so I decided to pan it out since I did quite like this powder except for its bulky packaging. Oil control was decent (nothing beats my HG Maybelline Dream Matte Powder) with a decent coverage too. Pity that its packaging is so bulky and it is really difficult to pry open though. I do have another piece in my stash though I really hate its packaging.
And so, I completed 23 products in the past 2 months which is pretty amazing huh? Most of which are products that were in my stash for quite a while now and I decided to complete them so that I can toss them out. I do try to complete my products especially those that have been used but somehow got neglected along the way.
If you wanna try nice smelling snail cream, you might want to try it's skin snail cream. I have used this before, and I would say that snail cream is really good, it helps to improve my skin texture. And the one from it's skin doesn't smell funky. :) Hope this helps.
And yay to the amazing 23 products you completed in the past 2 months. :)
oh really? i must go take a sniff. i am usually fine with scents but this Nature Republic scent was wayyyyyyyyyy too funky for me. I did quite like the product but i could not stand the weird scent. hehe
yup! i totally feel the accomplishment when I type such an entry out! =D
Sat, Oct. 20th, 2012 02:46 am (UTC) (Anonymous): Would you do me a favour pls!
Hi I was wondering if you are able to get the cover girl product and ship to me in Singapore because I did my online research and I couldn't find any store that ship to Singapore :( thanks for spending the time reading and hope you reply soon do email me! at firstname.lastname@example.org